If you’re stumped, you can find help in the following places:
- API Developer Forum: This is a good place to ask general questions about the API, report unexpected behavior, or track issues.
- FAQ: We post the most popular questions from the forum here.
- Customer Service: If there are problems with orders that are impacting end-users (on production server), our customer service team can help with orders or payment issues. They will not be able to help with technical questions about the API.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Why am I getting an HTTP 401 / Incorrect API Key / “acct_invalid_xauth” response?
- How do I sign up for an account?
- Do you have a list of sample (geo) search address that contain plenty of merchants?
- What geolocation address do you support?
- What is the Complete List of Credit Card Types?
- Is there a built-in way to redeem point rewards via the API?
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting an HTTP 401 / Incorrect API Key / “acct_invalid_xauth” response?
All API requests are authenticated and tracked by our system. You will need to either pass in your client_id (for unauthenticated resources) or an oauth access token (for POST requests and customer resources).
How do I sign up for an account?
You will receive an API key upon signing up.
|Environment||Sign Up Page|
|This is deprecated as of 5/17/2016|
|Production API||Production API Sign Up|
Do you have a list of sample (geo) search address that contain plenty of merchants?
- Park Ave S, 10003
- 199 Water Street, 10038
- 1001 6th Avenue, 10018
What geolocation address do you support?
Any fully qualified address queries should work (street address, city, zipcode and state). However, you could also pass in:
|Fully Qualified Address||1001 6th Avenue, New York, NY 10018|
|Street Address + Zipcode||1001 6th Avenue, 10018|
|Latitude + Longitude||40.751992, -73.986582|
What is the Complete List of Credit Card Types?
Our API will return one of the following 5 credit ctypes in the “card.type” field of the customer payment endpoint:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Is there a built-in way to redeem point rewards via the API?
Sorry to say but we don’t currently support a redirect from our rewards page. I don’t believe we are going to support either unless there is large demand for that ability. There is a endpoint /api/prizes that we do not document. If you like, you can inspect the request on https://www.delivery.com/delivery-points and see how we handle it to get around the need to redirect back to your app or site.